These spicy marinated beef steaks with a cooling zesty, peach relish are great for the barbecue. A real taste of summer…
- 4 lean sirloin, rump, rib eye or goose skirt steaks
FOR THE SPICY MARINADE
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Quarter tsp dried chilli flakes, optional
- 2 fresh bay leaves, crushed
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped thyme leaves
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
FOR THE PEACH RELISH
- 1–2 ripe peaches, stoned and diced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- Juice of 1 small orange
- Half a small red onion, peeled and finely diced, or 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- Dash of soy sauce
- Mix the marinade ingredients together. Place the steaks in a shallow dish, spoon over the marinade mixture and coat on both sides. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for up to 2 hours.
- To prepare the relish, place all the ingredients into a medium bowl and toss gently. Cover and set aside in a cool place (but not in the refrigerator).
- Cook the steaks according to your preference on a prepared barbecue or preheated grill.
- Serve the steaks with the relish, a side salad and crusty bread.