So cute and very impressive, these no-bake cheesecakes are a lovely multi-coloured Easter treat for Little Cooks to make.
1 sachet powdered gelatine
350g cream cheese
1.5 tsp vanilla extract
2-3 drops of yellow, pink and blue food colouring
6 digestive biscuits, finely crushed
80ml just-boiled water
80g caster sugar
120ml double cream
100ml double cream
Sugar-coated mini chocolate eggs
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over a low heat. Remove from the heat and mix in the biscuit crumbs, stirring to coat. Divide between six of the spaces in a mini loose-based sandwich tin and press down with the back of a spoon to give even layers then chill in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle the gelatine powder over the just-boiled water in a small jug. Stir well and leave to dissolve into a clear liquid for 5-6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract together. In a separate bowl, whip the double cream until it holds its shape, fold into the cream cheese mixture and slowly pour in the gelatine liquid, stirring it thoroughly.
- Divide the mixture into three equal portions in separate bowls. Add 2-3 drops of yellow food colouring to one bowl, pink colouring to the second and blue to the third, taking care not to add too much, and mix until the colour is evenly combined.
- Share half the yellow mixture between two of the holes containing the biscuit bases, half the pink between two more, and half of the blue into the last two. Carefully spread out into even layers, trying not to get the mixture up the sides of the tin.
- To make your cheesecakes multi-coloured, add a second layer of contrasting colour to each hole. Level the tops of the cheesecakes by drawing a knife across the surface of the mini sandwich tin. Chill for 1-2 hours.
- Carefully turn out the cheesecakes by pushing the bases upwards from underneath.
- To decorate, whip the double cream until it holds its shape, then spoon into a piping bag fitted with a star nozzle. Pipe swirls on top of each cheesecake, then fill the centre of each swirl with mini chocolate eggs. Keep chilled until ready to serve.