400g fluffy potatoes, peeled
4 smoked haddock portions (about 180g per portion)
200g carrot, peeled
2 tsp curry powder
2 egg yolks
1 tsp fresh coriander
2 spring onions, finely chopped
120g spinach leaves
4 large eggs
2 tbsp sunflower oil, for frying
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- Grate the potato and carrot into a clean tea-towel and squeeze out any water. In a large bowl add the grated potato and carrot and mix in the curry powder, spring onions, egg yolk and coriander. Mix well.
- Divide the rosti mixture in 4 and then shape into rosti shapes. Heat the sunflower oil in a large frying pan and cook the rosti’s until golden and crisp, before turning and cooking on the other side.
- While the rosti is cooking, place a pan of water on the stove about 3 inches deep and bring to a simmer. Add a tbsp of white wine vinegar.
- Pop your grill onto high. Place the haddock onto a tray, dot with 10g of the butter and cook for about 6-7 mins.
- Crack the eggs into the simmering water and poach for 3-4 mins.
- Lastly, melt the remaining 10g of butter in a saucepan and cook the spinach until wilted. To plate up, place the rosti on your plates, top with the spinach, then the haddock and finally the poached egg.