1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
4 large flat mushrooms
Bag of rocket
1 large ciabatta loaf
1 tbsp honey
3 red onions
3 red peppers
- Preheat oven to 180C/gas 4.
- Chop your peppers into chunks. Add them to a tray. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 35 mins until soft.
- Finely slice your onions. Add to a pan with a splash of oil. Cook until soft, and then add a tbsp of balsamic vinegar and a tablespoon of honey. Grate in the zest of a lemon. Once the onions are nice and caramelized, remove them from the heat.
- Slice up your mushrooms and fry them in a small amount of oil until shriveled and dark.
- Slice your halloumi into thick chunks. Pour over a tbsp of honey and a drizzle of oil. Rub it into the pieces, and then place the halloumi on a hot griddle pan for 3 mins on each side or until nice and soft.
- In the meantime, deal with your rocket. Add the rocket to a bowl and squeeze over the juice of a lemon and a drizzle of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and mix together. Warm a ciabatta under the grill.
- Assembly time. Halve your ciabatta. Spoon on some onions. Then add the rocket, the peppers and the halloumi. Finally add your mushrooms and then top it off with any leftover rocket. Place the top half of the ciabatta onto the sandwich, carve it up and tuck in!