Sweet Chilli Beetroot Frittatas
These on-the-go Sweet Chilli Beetroot Frittatas are perfect for lunch boxes and for a healthy afternoon snack.
- 250g pre-cooked beetroot, diced
- 600g butternut squash
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 8 large eggs
- 100g feta cheese
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- Large handful parsley
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 200C/gas 6 and prepare a 12-hole muffin tin with cases. Peel and cut the butternut squash into 3cm cubes. Roast in the oven with coconut oil for 15-20 mins, until soft.
- While the squash is roasting, mix the eggs, sprinkled feta, spring onions, chopped parsley, garlic, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Leave the beetroot until last to avoid everything turning pink.
- Roughly mash the roasted squash with a fork, keeping it chunky — do this in the roasting tin to save washing up — and add to the egg mix.
- Pour your frittata mix into a large jug and pour into your prepared muffin cases. Cook for 20 mins.
Tagged beetroot, feta, frittata, lunchbox, Sweet chilli