- 2 packets of your favorite vegan ramen
FOR THE TOFU & BROCCOLI
- Vegetable oil
- 1 block extra-firm tofu, cut into slices
- 1 bunch baby broccoli, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, sliced thinly
FOR THE CABBAGE
- Quarter of a red cabbage, sliced
- Drizzle of sesame oil
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 can of baby corn, drained and rinsed
- 300g baby spinach, steamed and drained
- Red jalapeno, sliced
- Nori sheet, cut into quarters
- Black and white sesame seeds
- Fresh coriander
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. When the skillet is hot, add a splash of the vegetable oil.
- Add the slices of tofu. When the tofu browns, flip it over to brown the other sides (you may need more oil to avoid it sticking).
- Move the tofu over to one side of the skillet, in the free space add the broccoli and garlic. Add water to the broccoli side to steam. Keep stirring and moving the broccoli for the next couple mins.
- When the tofu is brown and finished, remove it from skillet.
- Give the broccoli a stir and add a splash of water to deglaze the pan.
- After another min of stirring the broccoli, remove from the pan. Clean out any leftover bits from the skillet, and heat up again.
- Add the cabbage to skillet and a drizzle of toasted sesame oil. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper and stir. Keep the cabbage moving, stirring every min or so for a total of 8 mins.
- Remove from the heat and set the cabbage on a separate plate with the broccoli and tofu.
- Cook the ramen according to the package instructions, boiling the noodles and adding spice packets to make broth.
- Add the broth to a bowl, along with your desired number of noodles. Top with the cabbage, broccoli, baby corn, tofu and spinach. Garnish with jalapeno, nori, sesame seeds, and coriander
Recipe by Chad and Derek Sarno at wickedhealthyfood.com