400g pumpkin, butternut or onion squash, cut into chunks
150g pumpkin seeds, toasted
1 tsp sesame seeds
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tbsp coriander seeds, toasted and roughly crushed
Half tsp cayenne seeds
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 red onion
A splash of red wine vinegar
1 tbsp sumac
Pinch of sugar
150g bag salad leaves
150g Wootton white cheese or feta
A handful of toasted pistachios
1 small pomegranate
60ml olive oil
- Toss the pumpkin with oil and salt and roast for about 30 mins at 180C/gas mark 4.
- Whilst the pumpkin roasts, make the dukka. In a pestle and mortar grind the pumpkin and sesame seeds until broken up, then stir in the cumin, coriander, cayenne and smoked paprika. Set mixture aside.
- Make the sumac onions. Slice the red onion as thinly as possible; a mandolin is best for this. Mix with the red wine vinegar, sumac, sugar and a pinch of salt and set aside for at least 30 mins, stirring every so often.
- When the pumpkin is ready, toss with the dukka mix then cook for a further 5 mins. Remove and leave to cool.
- Toss the salad leaves with the onions and olive oil and arrange on plates with the pumpkin and dukka. Top with crumbled Wootton white, pomegranate seeds and pistachios.