Who needs greasy fried chicken when you can whip up these easy Asian-style burgers?
4 brioche baps
4 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
A bunch of coriander
Handful of breadcrumbs
Half a white cabbage
1 pack of radishes
1 tbsp runny honey
2 tsp curry powder
1 tsp garam masala
8 tbsp mayonnaise
1 vegetable stock cube
Salt & pepper
- Make the katsu mayo by adding the mayonnaise to a bowl. Add ¾ of a vegetable stock cube, the garam masala, curry powder and runny honey. Mix well and set aside.
- Make the zingy slaw by grating your radishes and half a cabbage. Add to a bowl with 2 tsp of sesame oil, the juice of a lime and a large handful of chopped coriander. Mix everything together and set aside.
- Chicken time. Get three bowls out. Add flour to one, 2 eggs to another (whisk them up) and breadcrumbs to the third. Dip your chicken thigh in flour, followed by the eggs and then the breadcrumbs.
- Get a pan on the heat and add a very large glug of vegetable oil. Once the oil is hot, add your chicken thighs. Cook for 3-4 mins on each side until the breadcrumbs are golden. Keep turning the chicken until it is cooked through.
- Assembly time. Toast your brioche buns and then add a very large dollop of katsu mayo to the bottom bun. Stack your chicken on top then add a large spoonful of the zingy slaw. Dollop some more katsu mayo on the top half of the bun and place that on top of the burger.