These tacos are perfect finger food, combining tasty jackfruit with zingy salsa and creamy guacamole.
1 serving of guacamole
1 serving of salsa
400g tin young green jackfruit
1 white onion
4 garlic cloves
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp maple syrup
100ml vegetable stock
Half tsp Tabasco sauce
1.5 tsp ground cumin
1.5 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp chilli powder
Half tsp salt
Handful fresh coriander
12 crunchy taco shells
- Place a deep-frying pan with a lid on a medium heat.
- Tip the jackfruit into a sieve to drain off excess water and pat the pieces down with a clean tea towel to dry them off. Cut into 5mm strips and set aside.
- Slice the remaining limes into wedges and remove the leaves from the coriander. Serve the taco shells, jackfruit, guacamole, salsa, lime wedges and coriander leaves on individual plates and let everyone build their own tacos.
- Take the lid off the pan and sprinkle over all the spices and the salt. Stir until the jackfruit pieces are well covered and taking on the colour of the spices.
- Transfer the jackfruit pieces to a serving dish.Peel and slice the onion and garlic very thinly. Warm the vegetable oil in the frying pan. Add the onion and garlic to the pan and stir with a wooden spoon until soft and translucent.
- Add the jackfruit, maple syrup, vegetable stock and Tabasco sauce.
- Cut 1 of the limes in half and squeeze in the juice of one half. Stir until the jackfruit is well covered.Put the lid on the pan, turn down the heat and let it simmer for 7–10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the liquid has been absorbed into the jackfruit.