These are really good muffins. They are low in sugar and full of good stuff to help you start the day.
- 150g ground almonds
- 50g jumbo oats
- 50g oat bran
- 1 heaped tbsp (15g) soft light brown sugar
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1.5 tsp xanthan gum
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 50ml milk
- 50ml water
- 50g dark chocolate chips
- 12 brown paper cases
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/350F/gas mark 4. Line a cupcake tin with 12 paper cases.
2. In a large bowl, thoroughly mix the ground almonds, oats, oat bran, brown sugar, baking powder and xanthan gum.
3. Mash the bananas to a pulp with the back of a fork in a separate bowl. Add the eggs, milk and water and stir to combine. Pour over the dry ingredients and stir to make a wet dough. Stir through the chocolate chips.
4. Spoon the dough into the prepared cases and bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
5. Remove from the oven and leave to rest in the tin for 5 minutes.
6. When cool enough to handle, transfer to a cooling rack. Store in an airtight container for up to a week; alternatively these muffins can be frozen.
Beat the Bloat: Lose your belly for good in just one month by Claire Young, Publisher Orion