MAKES 14 CROQUETTES
2 tbsp sunflower oil
1 small onion, chopped
100g mushrooms, chopped
1 medium carrot, grated
20g kale, chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
150g baking potato, pricked
150g sweet potato, pricked
50g fresh breadcrumbs or wheat- or gluten-free breadcrumbs
30g cheddar cheese or dairy-free alternative, grated
Plain flour, to coat
- Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a frying pan. Add the onion, mushrooms, carrot, kale, and garlic, and fry for 5 minutes over
a mediumheat. Leave to cool.
- Cook the potatoes in a microwave for 10 minutes until soft. Leave to cool, then scoop out the potato flesh into a bowl.
- Add the cooked vegetables, breadcrumbs, and cheese and mix together until blended. Shape into 14 small croquettes and roll in the flour.
- Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil in a frying pan. Fry the croquettes for 3-4 minutes, until golden on all sides and cooked through. Drain on kitchen paper and leave to cool before serving.
- When needed, thaw overnight in the fridge or leave out for a few hours at room temperature. Reheat in an oven preheated to 180C/fan 160C/ gas mark 4 for 10–12 minutes.