125g butter, softened
175g caster sugar
200g self raising flour
2 tbsp cocoa powder
100g dark chocolate, melted
100ml whole milk
FOR THE ICING
60g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
50ml double cream
12 colourful cupcake cases
- Preheat the oven to 170C/Gas 3 and line a 12-hole cupcake tray with colourful cupcake cases.
- Beat together the butter and sugar until you have light and creamy consistency. Beat in the egg until combined, then sift in all the dry ingredients and mix until combined. Fold in the milk and melted chocolate.
- Spoon the mixture into the cupcake cases and bake for 20-25 mins.
- Remove the cupcakes from the baking tin and allow them to cool.
- To make the icing, heat the cream and chocolate in a small saucepan over a low heat until they melt together. You’ll want to keep whisking the icing until it has a smooth texture.
- Time to decorate! Spread enough chocolate icing over the top of the cupcakes and then put the remainder into an icing bag fitted with a small nozzle.
- Use marshmallow slices to make the lower half of Rudolf’s face on each cupcake. Then use the rest of your icing to stick smarties on top of each one for his nose. Two smaller slices of marshmallow will act as his eyes and you can use halved pretzels as his antlers.