2 pork loin steaks
2 garlic cloves
5g fresh thyme
A pinch of black pepper and salt
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Add 2-4 tbsp olive oil and half the thyme to an oven tray. Put in the oven for 5 mins or until warmed through.
- Slice the potatoes into discs (0.5cm thick). Add the potatoes to the warmed tray, taking care of spitting oil. Coat the potatoes in the oil, season generously with salt and pepper and return to the oven for 30 mins or until golden brown.
- Peel and slice the onion finely. Strip the remaining thyme leaves from their stalks. Add 1-2 tbsp of olive oil to a large pan on a medium heat. Once the oil is hot, add the onion and coat well. Cook for 10 mins or until starting to brown and caramelise.
- Cut the leeks in half lengthways and wash carefully to remove any grit from between the leaves. Slice the halves finely. Peel and chop (or grate) the garlic finely.
- Once the onion is done, push aside to make room for the pork. Add the pork and cook for 3-5 mins each side, or until cooked through. Once cooked, transfer the meat and onion to a plate and cover, reserving the pan.
- Return the pan to a medium heat, add the leek and garlic to the pan, scraping any residue from the bottom. Add 50ml milk, 20g butter and the remaining thyme leaves and mix well. Cook for 2-4 mins or until the leek softens, adding any resting juice from the pork and season to your taste with salt and pepper
- Slice the meat into thin strips (0.5cm thick). Plate up the potatoes with the pork on top and add the leek-thyme sauce and caramelised onions around the plate.
Recipe from recipe box company Gousto, gousto.co.uk