This no churn easy raspberry ripple ice cream is a vibrant, refreshing cooler to enjoy on a warm, summers day.
300g fresh raspberries
3 eggs, separated
100g icing sugar
300ml double cream
100ml condensed milk
- Place 150g of raspberries in a sieve and press through well into a mixing bowl underneath. Stir in 50g icing sugar to thicken a little and place to one side.
- Place the egg whites in a large mixing bowl and the yolks in another.
- Using an electric mixer, whisk the egg whites until stiff. Add 50g icing sugar a little at a time and keep whisking until stiff peaks. Place to one side.
- Whisk the egg yolks until light and fluffy. In a separate large bowl, whisk the cream and condensed milk together to soft peaks. Fold in the egg yolks and whipped whites until smooth and thickened. Gently ripple in the raspberry coulis. Add some whole raspberries if you want or keep them for serving.
- Spoon the mixture into suitable freezer container and place in the freezer for 4 hours. Cover with clingfilm and freezer for a further 4 hours or overnight.