A hearty, family friendly meal, this chicken tikka ‘pie’ is the perfect fakeaway.
3 naan breads
6-8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs, diced
3-4 tbsp tikka pasta
Half cauliflower, chopped into florets
1 onion, diced
2 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
125g cooked green lentils
1 tin chopped tomatoes
5 tbsp natural yoghurt
5 tbsp mango chutney
250ml chicken stock
Fresh coriander, roughly chopped
FOR THE YOGHURT MINT DRESSING
8 sprigs fresh mint
2 tsp lemon juice
1 clove crushed garlic
220g natural yoghurt
Sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 180C/gas 4.
- Boil a large pan of water and blanch the cauliflower for 2 mins. Remove the cauliflower with a slotted spoon and place to one side, keeping the water in the pan. Add the sweet potato to the water and cook for 5 mins, then drain.
- Mix the chicken thighs with the tikka paste until you have an even coating.
- Add the diced onion to a deep-frying pan on a medium heat. Gently cook until softened.
- Add the coated chicken thighs to the pan and seal on a high heat. Once the chicken thighs are sealed, reduce the heat back down to medium heat.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, mango chutney, green lentils, cauliflower and sweet potato to the pan of chicken.
- Now add the chicken stock and bring to a gentle simmer for a few mins. Take the pan off the heat and stir in the yoghurt.
- Transfer the contents of the pan to a medium sized oven proof dish.
- Tear up the naan breads and evenly distribute over the filling until the surface is well covered. Cook for 25-30 mins in the oven until bubbling and golden.
- For the yoghurt dressing: place all the ingredients into a blender and pulse until smooth.
- Serve with mint yoghurt dressing and a sprinkle of fresh coriander.