Chef Tutor, Barbora Ormerod, and Fussels Fine Foods have paired up to create these mouth-watering veggie skewers…
For the Romesco sauce:
150g grilled red pepper
100g toasted almonds, roughly chopped
2 tbsp tomato puree
Half tsp smoked paprika
1 tbsp of balsamic vinegar
1 tsp of salt
30ml of garlic rapeseed oil (or 1 clove of fresh garlic)
100ml extra virgin rapeseed oil
For the kebabs:
Block of halloumi cheese
2 red peppers
2-3 green and yellow courgettes
100g rapeseed oil mayonnaise
1 tbsp of wholegrain mustard
1 tsp of fresh coriander, chopped
- For the dipping sauce, simply combine the ingredients and keep to one side.
- Place the ingredients for the Romesco sauce (apart from the oils) into a food blender and process until roughly chopped.
- Whilst the motor is running, pour in the oils and blend until mixed, keep to one side.
- Cube the halloumi, slice the courgettes into chunks and the peppers into squares and combine with half the Romesco sauce.
- Leave this to marinate for 30 mins before skewering and grilling in the oven or on a barbecue for 10-15 mins until the edges are just starting to char.
- Serve with both sauces
[RECIPE] Lamb Kebabs with Pomegranate & Yoghurt Sauce
[IMAGE] Lamb Kebabs
500g lamb fillet, trimmed of fat and cut into bite-sized pieces
3 red, orange and yellow peppers, deseeded and cut into large chunks
8 shallots, peeled and cut in half lengthways
200g closed-cup mushrooms
200g cherry tomatoes
150ml olive oil
FOR THE SAUCE
300g dairy free plain yoghurt
1 tbsp finely chopped mint leaves
- Put the lamb in a large, flat, non-metallic dish and season lightly with salt. Add the peppers, shallots, mushrooms and tomatoes and pour the oil over them. Cover and leave to marinate for at least 30 mins while soaking eight wooden skewers in water.
- Preheat the grill to high. Thread the lamb and vegetables onto the skewers, alternating each ingredient. Place on the grill rack and cook under the hot grill for 4-6 mins on each side until the lamb is crisp and brown on the outside but still pink in the middle.
- Meanwhile, halve the pomegranate and, holding each half over a large bowl, bash the outer skin with a wooden spoon until all the seeds fall out into the bowl. You’ll need to bash the skin a few times before the pips begin to fall out, but they will. Mix in the yoghurt and mint and season lightly with salt. Serve the skewers with the sauce.
The Ultimate Gluten Free, Dairy Free Collection by Grace Cheetham, published by Nourish Books