An oozing camembert is a simple and indulgent treat to dip into, and perfect for sharing.
250g camembert cheese
2 sprigs rosemary
Ciabatta loaf, thinly sliced
3 tbsp olive oil
4 large figs, quartered
75g walnuts, halved
2 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 190C/gas 5.
- Remove the wrapping from the cheese and place in a round ceramic dish just big enough for the cheese to fit snuggly. Make a few slits in the top and press in small sprigs of rosemary. Place on a baking tray.
- Brush the ciabatta slices with oil and place on a separate large baking tray. Bake both in the oven (with cheese on the shelf above the bread) for 15 mins until the bread is crispy and golden. Remove the bread and set aside and cook the cheese for a further 5 mins.
- Add the figs and walnuts to the camembert tray and drizzle over the maple syrup, bake for a further 5-8 mins until the cheese has softened and the figs are just soft.
- Transfer to a serving platter, scatter with rosemary leaves and serve with the toasted bread.
TIP: Try using garlic slices in addition to the rosemary in the cheese.