Chai-spiced Date & Walnut Porridge
This nurturing bowl of warming spices is a satisfying way to start your day.
- 200 g rolled oats
- 1 tbsp finely grated ginger
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 85g pitted dates, chopped
- 4 star anise
- Half tsp ground cloves
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- 45g toasted walnuts, chopped
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- Put the oats in a saucepan with 750ml of water and cook over a medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 mins.
- Add the ginger, cinnamon, dates, star anise and cloves, and cook for another 3 mins or until the water starts to evaporate and the oats are creamy.
- Add the orange zest and juice, and stir for 2 mins or until well heated through. Remove the star anise and discard.
- Divide the porridge between two bowls, scatter the walnuts over and drizzle with the honey, then serve immediately.
A Whole New Way to Eat: 135+ feel-good recipes from About Life by Vladia Cobrdova, published by Murdoch Books
Tagged Breakfast, Chai, dates, Healthy, honey, Oats, porridge, Spices, Walnuts