Puy Lentil & Sweet Potato Salad
A great spice-packed salad that makes use of the jar of curry paste lurking in your fridge.
- 400g cooked, puy lentils
- 150ml water
- 70g curry paste
- 800g sweet potato, peeled and cut into wedges
- 2 tbsp oil
- Half tsp crushed black pepper
- Half red onion thinly sliced
- 100g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- Place the sweet potatoes on a roasting tray and toss with 1 tbsp of oil. Roast the sweet potato wedges in a preheated oven at 180C/gas 4 for 30 mins.
- Fry the curry paste with the remaining 1 tbsp of oil, add the water, lemon juice and lentils, and cook for 3–5 mins.
- Layer the salad on a serving plate.
- Serve warm or cold as a salad with poppadoms and mango chutney.
Tagged cherry tomatoes, coriander, curry, curry paste, dinner, Healthy, lentils, Lunch, Pataks, puy lentils, Salad, Spices, sweet potato