Fried Egg with Cavolo Nero, Feta & Chilli
Quick, simple and packed full of nutrition, this egg recipe with kale, feta and chilli is great for a satisfying breakfast or brunch, or even as a healthy protein-packed lunch.
- Large handful of cavolo nero
- A little oil or butter
- 1 egg
- 50g nugget of feta
- A pinch of chili flakes or powder
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Strip thecavolonero from its woody stalks and finely shred.
- Set a large frying pan over a high heat. Add enough oil or butter to just coat the pan.
- Fold in the shreddedcavolonero and season well. Cook 2 mins or until just softened.
- Mound thecavoloonto a plate. Keep the pan on the heat, and add a little more oil or butter.
- Crack the egg into thecentreof the pan and pop a lid on the top. Cook until set to your liking.
- Perch the egg atop your greens. Crumble the feta over and finish with a littlechilli, salt and pepper.
Tagged Abel & Cole, Breakfast, brunch, cavolo nero, Chilli, eggs, feta, fried egg, kale, Lunch